Monday, September 7, 2009

Liv and Josh's Tropical Getaway

February 2009:
While I am thrust back into the world of work after my sojourn in Italia, Josh makes the unprecedented move of taking off for a week with Livie and heading to Maui to celebrate Valentine's Day and his birthday! Omigod.   I was still in Italy when I called Liv to find out that Josh had proposed--on the unremarkable Dec 30th, in their living room, with them both resting after a day of housework and chores. We had all been waiting for Josh to create a very unusual and creative setup for this important event-- by we I mean all of us who were in on the secret that it was happening soon. Much later I found out that Josh had picked out the ring all by himself ( what a stunner!) but he couldn't take immediate possesion-- it had to be sized. So on Dec 30th, he had just picked it up a couple of days before and it was truly burning a hole in his pocket. He couldn't wait to give it to his Liv.

In Maui Ang and Mike hosted them to beat the band, as is to be expected. And apparently Josh had to really apply himself to learning how to do nothing. He sent me and his mom and a bunch of other friends photos from his IPhone 6 at a time. It was fun to imagine the two couples having some quality hang time.  They make quite the foursome. 

No comments: